Sunday, April 11, 2010

Kate: Week 2 Update


I cannot believe that my baby girl is almost two weeks old already!!  Time really does fly and it makes me sad that she'll never be this little again, but I know we have so much fun ahead of us! 

We are doing well and enjoying our time together while Brad is still home (he goes back to work on Wednesday) and trying our best to figure out the Mommy and Daddy thing ;)  Brad is an absolutely wonderful Daddy and Kate has him wrapped around her very long little finger already!  Brad has a way to make Kate fall asleep and is so gentle with her.  They definitely love their Daddy/daughter time and I love watching them!

Kate is such a joy and is a wonderful baby.  She makes us laugh and smile all day (and night) with her feisty little personality and all of her funny faces and little grunts...and boy are there lots of them!  My favorite is when she yawns really big, she follows it with a long grunt and a face scrunch, all in one silly flowing action.  She is also so alert and will open her eyes wide and just gaze around her.  I know she can't see much quite yet, but you'd swear she could. 

She is also so strong!  She cranes her head back and turns her head from side to side and she can even roll from one side to the other.  She can hold her head up for an impressive amount of time and can even lift her little body off of us when lying on our chests.  We definitely see a lot of determination and a dose of stubbornness in her, too.  Kate is definitely a spunky little thing and is just so full of amazement.  Every day we are so incredibly in awe of her and we are already so proud of every little thing she does!

Even when there are no more lights in the sky and all is quiet in the world except for in our little house, we can't help but smile and laugh at our precious little Kate.  What an awesome adventure we are now on, one that I am sure will bring lots of ups and downs, but mostly lots of love and happiness in our hearts and in our lives.  Brad and I are just so thrilled to have Kate with us and we cannot wait to see the little person that she will become!

Thank you all for your love and support and we can't wait to share this incredible new journey with you all!

4 comments:

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Such a sweet post! So thankful to have met her!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jenn! This is beautiful, and so is she! Grandma and I came to look the second that Brad told us new pictures were up on the blog. I love you all and can't wait for this weekend!

jen said...

This precious little girl is adorable! She looks like Grandma Sammie in the one in her yellow outfit & pink blanket - it's the eyebrows. :) Love ya! Enjoy the many, many sunrises she'll give you the opportunity to witness! That was one of my most favorite parts - the moment they're fed & comforted, drifting off to sleep while the world wakes up. Sigh...

Dianna said...

She is so adorable and I know that ya'll are loving every single minute with her. It is amazing how quickly they catch on.
She is a lovely combination of the two of you - so beautiful :o)I also see generations when I see her pictures. What a wonderful gift.
Love to you all,
Aunt Dana