Kate is 8 weeks today!! I just can't believe it! I feel like just in the past week or two she has grown so much... we've watched her transform from a tiny little newborn to a chunky precious baby! AND last week she slowly began to work on her beautiful smile and started showing us little bits and pieces of it until late last week when she showed off her final product... and goodness is it beautiful! She's starting to laugh now, too. It is amazing how from the moment I wake up in the morning, my main goal for the day is to see Kate's smile!Tomorrow is Kate's 2 month appointment, so I will get some official measurements to pass on then, but we weighed her (ummm...unofficially weighed her) about two weeks ago by having Brad hold her on the scale and we think her approximate weight is about 10 or 11 pounds, but I suppose we shall see! I think she has probably even grown since then! I am eager to see how long she is, as well!
Then we decided to make a big trip to Katy to spend some time with Grandma and PawPaw. Kate does such a great job in the car and we stopped in Lake Charles both on the way there and back home to visit Mimi and Big PawPaw, as well as Uncle Joey, Aunt Lisa and Anna. It was so much fun visiting and showing off our beautiful girl! She makes us so proud and like Mimi said, she is just perfect!! :) Kate has also continuing to roll over, which still just amazes us! Brad loves to show everyone her neat little trick and we are just so impressed with her. She still continues to amaze us with how strong she is and how well she holds her head up. She is also so alert! We recently took our first Mommy/daughter trip to Wal-mart and she just looked around at all the colors and things the entire time! She is just so good and is a wonderful joy! I can't help but have this crazy, scary feeling that she will be crawling and moving before we know it!! Yikes!! :)
So, that is some of the things we have been up to. I will make sure to try to update you all more often, but it really is so hard! Kate is only taking two or three 45 minute to 1 hour naps during the day (but has been sleeping 5 and the 4 hours during the night!), so that leaves me with very little time to do much, as I am sure most of you all know!! But, I wouldn't rather be doing anything other than spending my days with her... waiting for that smile!
2 comments:
She is SOO cute! I can't wait to hold her. I love all of her cute little clothes, too.
She is adorable and has grown so much. They just bring smiles and warmth to the heart, don't they?!!!
I'll be standing in line to hold her when ya'll make the trip up! By the way, your father and Uncle Paul share the same grandparent name - Pop!
Love,
Aunt Dianna
Post a Comment