I am going backwards a little here... Kate is actually 3 1/2 months old now, but I finally got some pictures uploaded and there are so many little firsts for Kate that I'd like to share, so I'll start around when she was 10 weeks. This years Bourgeois Family Trip was moved up a bit from July 4th to early June and this year's destination: Colorado!! So, when Kate was just shy of 10 weeks old, Brad, Kate and I boarded a plane and headed out! Thankfully, I think Brad and I are both relatively easy going and try not to worry about things ahead of time (I just like to be prepared for them!!), so we weren't really nervous. I knew whatever came our way would also pass and we'd handle it the best we could. Thankfully, our worries would have only been wasted, because Kate did wonderful on the plane... and she even got an in the air diaper change! We knew we were going to be in trouble as soon as the stewardess called out that it was time to board, and Kate replied with, "grunt". I guess she figured if her cousin Anderson could take care of business while going through security, she'd make sure it was when we'd have to change her on the plane... :) See, that's where being prepared comes in handy... extra outfit in a ziploc bag, which just so happens to be handy for a yucky outfit: check!
While in Colorado, Kate met Uncle Brian, Aunt Megan and her cousins for the very first time! She really has not been around any children before this point and I think she was just amazed by them (and who isn't!!). Of course they were all so great with her, too, considering the practice they've had :). I have a feeling this was the first of many visits where "Baby Kate" was in total admiration of her older cousins and I know she will want to do everything they do one day!
We also kept hearing that it might snow while we were there, and on the very last day as we were getting ready to leave, it snowed!! So Kate experienced her very first snow... in June (although, that may just be a once in a lifetime thing for our little Southern gal :)).
All in all, Kate is doing wonderfully and is getting so big! Brad and I just love watching her experience the world and we are so blessed to have her in our lives... there are no words for how much we love her (yep, ya'll were all right in this one, too!) I am going to update some more recent pictures as soon as I can, but our computer at home isn't working (again!) so I need to get the pictures off of there so I can upload them at work... and keep taking more!! I can't believe how big she's getting!
0 comments:
Post a Comment