Monday, February 25, 2013

Almost THREE!

My precious Kate,

I cannot believe it has been almost a year since I've last written.  You have become such an amazing and perfect little girl!!  You are now potty trained during the day, and have been since a little over 2 1/2.  You talk absolutely non stop.  I tell everyone that taking you to the store is quite an exhausting feat, because you talk about everything you see, and say "hello" to almost any stranger walking past.  You ask their name and ask what they are doing.  I am so proud of who you are.  Many call the 2s the terrible twos, but I have not experienced that at all.  You push limits, but you listen when you need to and have the best manners of any child I know.  You sing and dance and want your Daddy and me to sing and dance along with you.  You are such a joy and make me smile all day long.  In fact, right now you are "napping" and I can hear nothing but chit chat and beautiful music floating down from your room!!  Haha!  You cheer on your friends and give them big hugs whenever you see them.

You love your days spent with Mim-mis and PopPop and love playing in Houma.  You love visiting the chickens and checking for eggs with PopPop, pulling carrots and beets from the garden, and eating fresh strawberries grown just for you.

This past weekend we went to Katy and you danced the night away at Aunt Megan's brother's wedding.  You danced nonstop for about four hours.  You were mesmerized by the bride and her princesses and you danced along with them as they did a little jig, the cotton eye Joe, and the Cupid Shuffle.  You would hold any strangers hand and shook me off more than once as you jumped in the middle of the dance party.  I am so proud of your independence.  You loved playing with your cousins and spending so much time with Grandma and PawPaw.

You are Mommy's best helper!!  You help me to fix your breakfast and lunch, measuring water, stirring oatmeal or grits, and putting "sprinkle cheese" on tortillas or bread; you help me to push the buttons on the microwave.  You love putting away silverware when the dishes are clean, or loading them into the dishwasher when dirty.  Last week we made lemon cake and boy did you enjoy that mixer!

Your imagination is incredible.  You play with your dolls, animals and princesses and my goodness the stories you come up with!  You love having pretend food picnics with Mommy and Daddy and you are the best little chef I know!

Everyday I am amazed by you.  You make my heart sing.  I wouldn't change anything about you.  I love you more than words could ever express and I cannot wait to continue to watch you grow into a little lady!

I love you my angel!  Mommy

0 comments: