Saturday, March 31, 2012

TWO Years Old!

Dear Kate,

Today, you  turn TWO!  It's true, time flies and it is also true that each new stage is better than the last, even when I think that will be impossible.  You make me laugh more than I ever thought possible, even when I'm not "supposed to."  I can't help it... you just fill my heart up with such joy!  You are spunky and sassy, but sweet and kind, too.  You are tough, strong and determined.  I love watching you learn new things, and hearing you shout "I did it!" with true pride. 

If I had to guess, when you grow up you'll be... Kiddo, I think you will have as many choices as your heart desires.  Your Dadda thinks you will run some big corporation but I think you can do whatever you choose.  You are extremely organized, you are determined and you are still fantastic at puzzles and figuring out challenges.  You are creative and silly, too.  You are strong in body and spirit and you are, uh hum, stubborn and sassy, too. 

You're happiest when... you are outside!!!  I think being outside beats Elmo these days, although, it is pretty rare when you are NOT happy.  You now have your own garden tools, shovel and rake, so you can help Momma and Dadda in the yard, although, of course you still prefer OUR stuff.  You love bathtime, reading books, playing with your puzzles and blocks, feeding your animals, and even playing in your bed. 

You taught me... that sometimes the most simple days are the best days.  My time with you does not need to be full of activities or lessons.  Sometimes just taking a walk and picking flowers, or eating an orange outside on a blanket, or watching you explore on your own from a distance are the most special moments. 

Your belly loves... Yogurt, cheese and bananas!  Those are always safe "go - to's".  You also love grapes and those fruit in a bag things, as well as "noonles", and almost any kind of fruit.

You're still working on... You haven't quite mastered jumping yet, but you are getting very very close!  I sure do love watching you try!  You are still learning new words everyday and we are now trying to work on pronunciation of words, so the rest of the world gets what you are saying ;) 

The photo that represents you...


Happy Second!!
New bike and "hat"!!

Whew! Exhausted after a successful day!

Wearing the dress my Mom made for me when I was little.
One of your feats... letters, numbers and colors ... You now know just about all of your letters, you can count to eleven and you know all of your colors!!  You impress me everyday with your ability to remember things!  You can speak like a champ these days, even if I am the only one who understands!


What I want you to know... that I look forward to every morning when I get to pick you up out of bed and give you a big kiss, that just about every single day your daddy and I look at each other with twinkles in our eyes and talk about how you "are the best thing ever," and that you will always be loved by me. 

If all else fails... Outside, or Mim-Mis... or just keep trying until you find that "one thing" that will distract you enough to change the tantrum corner ;)

New to you... a new world has opened up to you through imagination!  You feed your bears at the table, and dance with your dolls.  You bring your animals to the bed (our changing station) and pull out a wipe, wipe them, and then attempt to put diapers on them, you wash their hands, and sit them on your doll potty! I love watching the things you come up with!

You have also been to two "daycare friends'" birthday parties and I love watching you with your little friends!  You just LOVE other kids, both older and younger, and I love watching you play.

You love calling out "Lallow Bus" when we are on the road, and girl you can spot them from a mile away.  You also point out "Big Trucks" and every color car you can find!

Picking out your clothes!  You have become quite the particular little dresser... you like to pick out the color of your bow, your shoes, and these days your clothes!  Goodness help me if Momma picks out the wrong thing!  I'll admit, there have been a couple of times where you've gone to daycare looking quite... unique? ... 

A favorite day... Why today, of course!  We had a special Very Hungry Caterpillar party where you were surrounded by so many people who love you!  Grandma and Aunt Sarah came in, and Mim-Mis, Pop-Pop and Aunt Meg were here.  You had some of our closest friends and some daycare friends and they were all here to enjoy your big day.  We had a "playground bouncer", which you LOVED, hidden Easter eggs, and your new slide.  I think fun was had by all, and at the end of the day you were red-faced and happy as could be ;)

Your Books are... "If you give a __ a __"... we have about six of these, and you love them, and like to ready them over, and over, and over... ;)  Which of course I am happy to do!  You can pretty much read "Does a Kangaroo have a Mother" by yourself, and will also attempt a few others, as well.  You still love your "Elmo" books, but refuse to read "Night Night Elmo" now, because you dread being brought up to bed these days. :(

My heart melts when... you see me in the morning, or when I get home from work, and you yell "Momma!!" while pointing at me!  I love our night time storytime, even though you insist on sitting next to me instead of on my lap these days.  I love every single kiss and every single glance :)

0 comments: