I cannot believe you are 19 months old, over the 1 1/2 year mark and quickly approaching the 2 year mark!! I've been wanting to do this for a while, and am copying my friend Jenn over at When In Doubt, Add More Salt (I hope that's okay!) to help me better document all the fun new things you are doing each month! This one might be long, because this Momma has some catching up to do!!
If I had to guess, when you grow up you'll be... well, some recent ones included renovator (the furniture in our house is NEVER in the same spot, thanks to your love of moving it around :) ), engineer (girl, you can figure things out quicker than anyone I've known, can we say smartie pants!!), but recently your love of "bebe's" tells me you may not only be a great Mommy (tear!), but maybe a teacher, too? If you see a small child or baby anywhere, including a tv commercial, store, park or pumpkin patch, you make the sign for "more" and run up to them (or make me rewind the tv so you can see them again). I'm not sure where you developed this love, since we aren't around any babies, but it is the sweetest :)
You're happiest when... "drawing"!! You love to color, and you love Mommy to color with you! We are trying to teach you not to color on the wall (uh hum, again), and like just about everything else, you've learned quickly and promptly tell us "no no no" while pointing to all those spots that are off limits!
You taught me...That being a Mommy is absolutely the best thing. Words can't properly come close to expressing the love I have for you, even when you need a snuggle in the middle of the night. I wouldn't trade anything for you and you will always always be enough!
Your belly loves... There was a time when I didn't know what that tummy didn't like, but you're starting to express your likes and dislikes in the taste department with a bit more refinement ;) You still love peas and broccoli, but I've got to say that your favorite is bananas (or "nana"). You will stop what you are doing and walk over to where we keep them, point, and insist on a yummy treat! You also request juice, which is milk with a yogurt in it (I had to get sneaky when you had a fit, insisting on juice, when this Momma didn't have any in the house... I assume you learned this yummy treat from daycare!). ... oh, and tickles, of course, your belly always loves those "tic tics", especially when you hit the floor from a run and wait for them!
You're still working on... talking. You have had an eruption of language over the past couple of months and, as you have learned just about everything, you are picking up new words at lightning speed! You repeat everything we say and usually pick it up right away. Some of your favorites are: no no no, shoes: aka goosh, draw, bath, eat, drink, more and again, mail (since that means we get to go... outside!), Pops: aka Bop Bop, night night, bebe... and the list goes on and on!
The photo that represents you...
![]() |
| SHOES!!! :) |
![]() |
| Bop Bop is tic ticing you! Love that happy face! |
![]() |
| LOVE you my girl! |
What I want you to know... You are the silliest little thing and your Mommy and Daddy love you so so much. You are already touching so many lives with your smile and your heart. We are so proud of you.
If all else fails... turn on a video of you (you are very partial to your 17 mth animal noise one), the music, or go outside to swing or slide!
New to you... little stinker that you are, you've figured out how to change the pictures on Bop Bop and Mimsie' iphones!!! I guess you'll be teaching your Momma and Dadda how to use theirs when they finally come in!!
A favorite day... TRICK OR TREATING!! You were the cutest little bumblebee ever! While you could say "trick or treat" while practicing, you didn't say it while trick or treating, but you would walk up to the houses and pick a piece of candy... and then go for more, haha! Oh, and there was that first house where you walked right inside... haha! You were a hit, and as always, Mommy was so proud of you! You loved watching Ben run around and had an all around good time!
Your jams are... If you are happy and you know it and Row Row Row Your Boat!
Your Books are... Well, kiddo, you finally destroyed "Have you seen my cat" (thank goodness ;)) but have moved on to "Brown Bear Brown Bear", which you frequently ask for, and the nursery rhyme book with "Row Your Boat".
My heart melts when... you give me "snuggles" and the rare kiss. when you laugh... when you act silly to get us to laugh... when you dance. You my girl, you make my heart melt!



1 comments:
I LOVE it! I can't believe 18 months girlie. We need to get together soon! Oh yea, we are! :)
I can't wait to see that big girl and hear all about her bebes and drawing. It will be fun to watch the two kids together too.
Love you girl!
Post a Comment